There are four simple steps to follow.
Don't forget, we offer Typing and Transcription Services in Bloemfontein, Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg and Pretoria. Infact, we transcribe throughout South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe and the rest of Southern Africa. We have even done work as far afield as Germany and the United Kingdom!
The quality of recorded sound you upload is important and will be influenced by how you record your audio file. Here are some basic guidelines to assist you with getting the best quality recording.
- Recording equipment:
When selecting a recording device, choose one that will allow you to record in digital format (i.e. mp3). However, please note that we can transcribe all digital formats.
- Speak clearly:
Should you be in a place where there is background noise, please increase the level of your voice to ensure that your work/discussion is recorded clearly. If there is a sudden loud noise or disturbance, please repeat your statement.If at all possible, please spell difficult/not frequently heard words.
- Choose a quiet venue:
If at all possible, try to record your work, discussions or interviews in a quiet spot. Please note that even the smallest background sounds you might not be aware of may affect the clarity of your recording.
- Identify speakers:
Always identify or ask speakers to identify themselves before speaking. This assists us during transcription and helps to ensure that statements are attributed to the correct speaker.
- Speak to the recording device:
Ensure that whoever is speaking is as close to the recording device as possible.Some recording devices fail to record clearly even from a short distance away.
- Save your recording in the highest possible resolution:
Always record your audio file in the highest possible resolution or setting.The higher the quality setting, the better the quality of sound.
- The transcription process begins as soon as we receive your audio files and an acknowledgement email has been sent back.
- Once your audio file has been transcribed, you will receive your invoice for settlement. When payment has been received we will then send your completed document to you.
- Should you have any questions or would like to make any comments about your transcript, please contact us immediately. Should you lose or require an additional copy of your transcript, please note that a backup of your transcript will be kept for 30 days only.
- Payment is on presentation of invoice. Please settle your bill on receipt of our invoice.